Eco Holiday Asia

Trekking Permits and Government fees for Restricted Zone of Nepal

Trekking Permits and Government fees for Restricted Zone of Nepal

Heritage Sites/ Museums / Zoo

Entrance fees must be paid before touring heritage sites around Kathmandu Valley like Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bauddhanath, Swayambhunath and Changu Narayan Temple.Entrance fees must be paid before touring Lumbini Gardens, the sanctuary of the Mayadevi Temple, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, in Lumbini, Rupandehi.Entrance fees must be paid before touring the Central Zoo in Jawalakhel, Lalitpur, and museums in Kathmandu Valley. Entrance fees must also be paid before touring local museums in different parts of Nepal.
Please click here for details: Entry-Fees-to-Heritage-Sites

Trekkers Information Management Systems (TIMS)
Trekkers must acquire Trekkers Information Management Systems (TIMS) Card before the onset of their trek. TIMS Card has been mandatory to control illegal trekking operations and ensure the safety and security of the trekkers in the general trekking areas. TIMS Card helps to store the database of trekkers recording their would-be whereabouts for safety of tourists. Fees, passport copy, and passport size photograph are required to obtain TIMS Card from Tourist Service Center, Bhrikutimandap, and Trekking Agencies Association Nepal (TAAN) Office in Maligaon and Government registered trekking companies in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Each visitor who goes trekking through a trekking company must pay US $ 10 and each free individual trekker (FIT) must pay US $ 20 per trekking route per person per entry in equivalent Nepali Rupees only. Part of the collection will go into maintaining the trekkers database and in the rescue of trekkers in need of emergency services. 

Trekking Permit
Special trekking permit must be acquired from the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu, for trekking to areas that fall under the Restricted Zone.
Please click here for details:Trekking-Permit-to-Restricted-Areas

Mountaineering royalties must be paid at the Tourism Industry Division, Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu or at the Nepal Mountaineering Association at Naxal, Kathmandu, before starting on a mountaineering expedition.
Please click here for details: Nepal Mountaineering Royalty

National Parks/ Wildlife Reserves/ Conservations
Entry fees must be paid to enter the 20 Protected Areas in Nepal that have been divided into National Parks, Wildlife Reserves, Conservation Areas and Hunting Reserve. One must also obtain hunting license to hunt in the Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve. Please note that Dhorpatan is the only protected area where hunting is licensed.
Please click here for details: Entrance-Fees-to-Protected-Areas

Source : Ministry of Tourism Nepal

1 Comment

  1. For the very first time in Nepal, we present you “ChocoBerry Self Serve Frozen Yogurt” lceatod on 7th floor, Civil Mall, Sundhara. At ChocoBerry, you can flirt around with a huge variety of different flavors and to make your frozen yogurt yummier, you will have more than 30 different toppings Come and experience what the world is talking about!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *